About Abigael Wangombe
I come from humble beginnings — I was the middle child in a family with seven children in the Nakuru district of Kenya. While I knew I was destined for greater things, I also knew that I couldn’t merely sit back and wait for those things to come.
I worked my way through college, because my family couldn’t afford to pay my way. To get to my classes, I walked 20 miles round trip, five days a week. And although I didn’t know it then, those miles were just the beginning of my journey.
Ever since I was young, I have felt a deep calling for the care and support of others, so continuing my education with nursing school was a logical choice. And though moving all the way to Seattle wasn’t quite as logical, the training I received gave me the knowledge I needed to start and manage the home-care business I own in the area today, Family Best Care.
Creating that company didn’t just scratch my entrepreneurial “itch,” however. It fueled my desire to do more — increasing business development, expanding my educational work and seeking out additional opportunities to speak and inspire.
Whether you’re facing challenges similar to mine, or you just don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place. I can’t wait to see you bring your business to life and thrive both personally and professionally!
- I’ve created a clothing line for the home-care industry, the Abby Care Collection.
- I have been a featured speaker and presenter at seminars and events around the world, including in Dubai and Kenya.
- My story has been featured on television in Kenya as an example of a successful woman running her own business.
- I have published two e-books, including “Business From Within, Vol. 1,” the first in a series that will help women achieve their professional goals.
- Finally, I built this website, which is dedicated to showing all women that with hard work and passion, they can create the future they desire for themselves.